Here’s how to download and update your software!
Please note, you can only install a free update only if you already have that main version of the software. For example, if you have already purchased and licensed any previous release of Crash Zone Version 8, you would be eligible for the free update to Version 8.4, 8.5, or to any later releases of Version 8.
Similarly, if you purchased version 7, you can download a free update to Version 7.5, but you must purchase an UPGRADE to use Version 8. Upgrades are available at a cost that is much less than the original purchase price. Call 800-641-9077 for more information about upgrading!
To update your software, you must
have Administrator privileges!
If you do not normally have Administrator privileges on your computer, have your IT person login as an administrator and install your update!
- Click on Updates (at the top of the webpage) and click on the name of the product you use.
- Some products have multiple versions you can download, depending on which main version you have (for example version 8 or version 7) or special versions like for Nikon AIMS users. Find the version that is right for you and click the red Download link.
- If you are using Microsoft 's Internet Explorer, a dialog box appears that asks if you want to Run or Save the file. Select Save. (Trying to "Run" the file as it downloads is very slow!) Other browsers, like Google Chrome, will skip this step and only offer the option to save the file.
- When the File "Save As" dialog box appears, you can change the folder on your computer's hard disk where the compressed program file is going to be saved. We recommend you save the file to your Desktop, so it is easy to find later.
- When you're satisfied with the location, click the Save button.
- Next, choose to Run the compressed update file. If you saved it to your Desktop, find the icon there, right-mouse click on it and select Run or Run as Administrator (if that is one of the choices).
- This starts the installation program. Follow the instructions to install your update.
If you have any problems using the updated software, it may mean some components were not installed correctly. Sometimes it is necessary to completely uninstall the program (to prevent any future conflicts) and then install the update again. This will NOT affect any diagrams or database files that you have created with the program. They will not be removed when you un-install the program files.
When you install an update (meaning you have previously purchased and licensed an earlier release of that main Version), you do NOT need to obtain a new access key to license your update.
Attention Windows 7 and Window Vista Users
If you are using either Windows 7 or Windows Vista, you MUST tell the operating system that you wish to run the installation as an "administrator." Once you have downloaded the update to your Desktop, right click the file name and choose "Run as Administrator."